Thursday, August 19, 2010
The Energy & Power Of Crystals
For someone who suffers from multiple ailments, I have searched high and low for alternatives for pain and insomnia. These include having massages, ear candling, ionic foot baths, using essential oils, Rheki, Yoga, Meditation, and most recently laying on the floor in agony praying to God, but I found that one didn't work as well as I had hoped. I have also bought special pillows, egg crates for the bed, linen spray that evokes restful sleep, and I tried wearing magnetic bracelet, all with no luck.
I have even paid money to visit a Holistic Healer, because I was so desperate to feel better. I would have paid any amount of money to have the pain eliminated from my body. I wanted a non-medication alternative and I would stop at nothing to find it. I visited my friend, Terri who was a Holistic Healer. I was very sick at the time and was throwing up almost every day. My body was all out of whack, so I called her up and asked her to help me. She used the energy from my body and by asking me questions and placing her hand on my feet, hands, wrists and by holding her hand over my stomach, she was able to get answers from my body. This was weird for me that my debilitating body was speaking to her with its energy, or I should say lack of energy and that there was no hope for me. I was surprised that my sick energy didn't make her tell me to get up and leave. The energy in my body told her that my gallbladder was not working and a few months later I was in surgey having it removed because it had stopped working months before. Terri saved my life.
I also get regular massages. The most wonderful massage I ever got was from a lady named Lisa who was my friend and what I would consider an old soul. She had fire red hair that was curly and it was like I had met her in a former life or something and I felt as if I had known her for years. I liked that strange connection I felt when I met her. I was relaxed and at ease.
I laid on the massage table and above the table was a skylight. The room was dark and cool and it started to rain. The tapping of rain on the skylight and the smell of spearmint and lavender comforted me and I began to go into this place inside me that was calm and peaceful. I was also very relaxing and healing for me. I think it was the mixture of essential oils, rain and that I had finally found a massuse that could pull the pain out of my body. This is when I realized that energy healing existed. To me anyway, it was real and I believed that it would help heal me from within.
A few months ago, I stumbled across a packet of healing crystals that came in a decorate box along with a book on the power of crystal healing. I figured it was worth the $10.00 and worth a try. The box contained 10 healing crystals which were supposed to balance the chakras in my body to promote balance and healing.
The word Chakra is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning "wheel." Chakras are wheels of continuous energy that rotate at different centers of our body. It begins at the base of the spine and finishes at the top of the head. Each Chakra is stimulated by its own color and each crystal emulates this energy. The colors of the stones are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
Our Chakra wheels of colors vary depending on our physical conditions, energy levels, disease and stress. This made me think that I must be a dull canvas of white so I needed to get all my colors on the board or at least find a few of them. The crystals are intended to heal you and help balance your chakras. Below I have listed each of the ten crystals and a bit about each stone's intended effects.
1. Yellow Moonstone- This crystal attracts love, is good for hormone imbalances and menstural cramps.
2. Black Obsidian- This crystal is good for emotional cleansing and releasing old, harmful habits.
3. Rose Quartz- This crystal brings love into your life, it's good for heart disease, the blood and circulation. It also helps keep peace and happiness in relationships.
4. Dark Blue Sodalite- This crystal helps heal or release negative emotions such as anxiety, nervousness, anger, fear, guilt, or shame. It also brings peaceful sleep when put under the pillow while sleeping.
5. Tiger's Eye- This crystal helps keep your thoughts clear, specific and in the realm of reality. It also helps with focus, concentration.
6. Purple Amethyst- This crystal is useful in calming stress and healing addictions.
7. Soft Yellow Calcite- This crystal cleanses the energy field and is good for meditation.
8. Soft Brown Carmelian- This crystal ground your energy and focuses your attention into the present, thus giving you personal power, also encourages you and gives your endurance.
9. Green Aventurine- This crystal strengthens intuition, eyesight and foresight. It also brings you good luck.
10. Clear Quartz- This crustal is the MOTHER OF ALL STONES. It's a receiver, amplifier, conductor and generator of energy. It's linked with good health, balance, healing, meditation, knowledge, clear thinking and protection from outside influences.
So after careful study of all the crystals, I was confused as hell and knew I needed all the crystals to heal me but figures I need the mother of all of them so I began with the Clear Quartz.
I lay on the floor in a quiet room. I had to believe that this crystal would help balance my chakras promoting health and a sense of well being. I laid on the floor held the clear stone in the palm of my left hand because its believed that the spirits travel from left to right. I waited, and waited and waited and thought that maybe my spirit energy was confused and didn't ask for directions. I tried to speak to the Crystal and asked it nicely to make my back pain go away and to help me feel better. It said to listen to your body and you can hear what its telling you and that you must trust and follow your own intuitions.
After twenty minutes, and a sweaty palm of Clear Quartz later, all I felt was the urge to pee and a pain in my lower back. Wonder what I did wrong? My boyfriend came into the room and looked at me as if I had gone to lala land. I continued to seek energy but I have to say so far, not much has happened. It was a neat experience and I will continue to work on balancing my chakras, but for now, I'll stick with Imodium and water.
Tomorrow I am having Acupuncture for the first time so maybe that will be the thing that works the best, I'll tell you all about that one tomorrow.